Saturday, February 13, 2016

Period Film Quote Game {February 6th} - Answers



These are the answers to the Period Film Quote Game {February 6th}from last week. It was fun to see everyone's answers, you all did an excellent job at guessing! Thanks for playing!


Period Film Quotes

Quote #1
Bathsheba Everdene: It is difficult for a woman to define her feelings in a language chiefly made by men to express theirs.
Period Drama: Far From The Madding Crowd (2015)

Quote #2
Jane Eyre: I have lived a full life here. I have not been trampled on. I have not been petrified. I have not been excluded from every glimpse that is bright. I have known you, Mr. Rochester and it strikes me with anguish to be torn from you.
Period Drama: Jane Eyre (2011)

Quote #3
Narrator (Death): I have seen a great many things. I have attended all the world's worst disasters, and worked for the greatest of villains. And I've seen the greatest wonders. But it's still like I said it was: no one lives forever.
Period Drama: The Book Thief

Quote #4
Sherlock Holmes: Exceptional children are often the product of unremarkable parents.
Period Drama: Mr. Holmes (2015)

Quote #5
Sir Walter Elliot: I must say, though, the worst of Bath is the number of plain women. I frequently observe that one pretty face would be followed by five and thirty frights.
Period Drama: Persuasion (2009)

Quote #6
Mary Crawford: You think if you shake me hard enough something profound with come out, but I assure you, I am profoundly shallow.
Period Drama: Mansfield Park (2009)

Quote #7
Elinor Dashwood: Did he tell you that he loved you?
Marianne Dashwood: Yes. No. Never absolutely. It was everyday implied but never declared.
Period Drama: Sense and Sensibility (1995)

Quote #8
Mr. Knightley: It is not pleasant for me to say these things, but I must tell you the truth while I still can, proving myself your friend by the most faithful counsel, trusting that sometime you will do my faith in you greater justice that you do it now.
Period Drama: Emma (1996)

Quote #9
Mr. Dorrit: You talk easily of hours, sir. How long do you think an hour is to a man who is choking for want of air?
Period Drama: Little Dorrit (2009)

Quote #10
Mrs. Hannah Thornton: A mother's love holds fast and forever. A girl's love is like a puff of smoke - it changes with every wind.
Period Drama: North & South (2004)

~*~

Player Scores:
Miss Sneyd - 17 points
Kerry - 15 points
Faith - 11 points
Cordy - 10 points
Esther Romaine - 9 points
Rachel - 9 points
Rose - 9 points
Rae - 7 points
Sarah E. - 5 points
Naomi Bennet - 4 points



1 comment:

Naomi Pitts said...

Oh look, I'm at the bottom. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...