Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I ♥ Fashion - Toile

I have been following several modest fashion blogs lately and I really enjoy browsing through posts about feminine dress, spunky style, beautiful hairstyles, brilliant accessories, and exquisite jewelry. I like these type of posts so much that I've decided to do a few posts of my own showcasing some of my favorite themes in feminine style.

One thing I love is toile! So charming and old-fashioned!


Photobucket

Toile in all kinds of colors! Scattered with lovely scenes from days gone by.

Photobucket

Toile comes in all kinds of kinds of colors, patterns, and forms.

Photobucket

I like the blue on yellow print quite a lot.

But my favorite toile is the basic red on white:

Photobucket


I've really enjoyed searching for items with toile to show you. Take a look!


Dresses:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And take a look at these lovely vintage finds!

Photobucket
Look closely at the lovely toil design at the bottom of the this beauty!

Photobucket
Look at this beautiful Georgian/Colonial dress! Amazing!


Skirts & Blouses:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
And I thought this would be SO pretty with a tank top under it. I love 3/4 sleeves!

Photobucket
Isn't this jacket amazing? I love the color and style!

Photobucket Photobucket
So cute!



Shoes:

Photobucket
Boat shoes

Photobucket
Cool canvas Keds

Photobucket
I don't usually wear heels but these are so pretty!

Photobucket Photobucket
Adorable Wellies! These boots look so cute and comfy!

Photobucket
Pretty red lined flats

Photobucket
Kind of interesting

Photobucket 
Enchanting!
Photobucket
Aren't those pointed toes interesting?

And my favorites:

Photobucket Photobucket
Aren't these flats just darling?!! They are so sweet! The label says Talbots but I don't think they sell these anymore. Too bad because I'd love to own a pair!



Toile Inspired Jewelry:

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Toile covered guitar pick necklace, this is a neat idea!

Photobucket
And I thought these were so neat - toil print porcelain earrings with butterfly cutout. Exquisite!



Scarves:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Like a breath of Spring, light and beautiful!

These are my favorite:
Photobucket Photobucket



Bags:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
Probably my favorite, so pretty and Victorian looking with the fringe!


Look, even a pet bed!
Photobucket


Lampshades:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
This is my favorite! I love the teapot base with the mosaic design and the overall red color!


Rooms Decorated With Toile:

Photobucket
Colonial style wallpaper and settee!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'd love to have my bedroom decorated like this!

Photobucket
So bold, but oh so pretty!


Other Toile Things I Love:

Photobucket
This lovely chair!

Photobucket
Star wall art

Photobucket
This amazing lounge!

Photobucket
This sweet hat box



So, that's my little bit (or long bit) about the loveliness of toile! What items do you like? Is there a certain color/pattern toile you prefer? 

I found a lot of cute things for children in toile so I'll be doing a post very soon about some of them. Thanks for bearing with me as I rambled on about toile. It's just thrills me when I see these lovely things!

Hope you're having a lovely day!



Very Truly Your's,


4 comments:

Hannah said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE toile! I recently found a tote bag at a thrift store in black and cream toile for $3, and it's my favorite. I love the red and white too, and have always loved blue and white.....too hard to pick just one favorite! Thank you for putting such a lovely eye candy post. :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Wow, how fun! Now I want to go find some toile too! :)

I really like the red on white, but I like the blue or black on white, too. And I love the toile inspired necklaces.

A silly confession? I love finding old-fashioned necklaces that look like they could be from a fairy tale or period drama. When I wear them with my normal, everyday clothes, it gives my day a lift. I feel like the main character in a story. When I'm out and about, I feel like I'm hiding a secret from everyone. "I may look like my mild-mannered self, but you have no idea that I'm really Elizabeth Bennett right now."

It makes it so much easier to deal with dishes, laundry and cranky kids when you're a heroine, too! :) Maybe I'll have to find a toile necklace to add to my collection.

P.S. Does anyone else do something like this, or am I the only weird one?

Anonymous said...

Fun blog post! I didn't know there was so much out there in toile. It was fun looking at the stuff. Thanks. :-) Mrs. M - aka. Mom

Katie said...

My mom loves toile too. And she's kind of rubbed it off on me. ;) I love the toile dresses! I think I'll add one of them to my wish list...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...