Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Painter: Daniel Hernandez Morillo (1856-1932)


Self Portrait
Daniel Hernandez Morillo (1856-1932)


I just discovered artist Daniel Hernandez Morillo (1856-1932) and his delightful paintings.

Take a look and enjoy!


(Click on photos to see larger views)




Elegant lady on the quay in Paris



Moment of Leisure



Lazy



On the Balcony



The Jardin du Luxembourg



Unknown Title



Girl with Duck



Little Helper



Girl with blue ribbon



Portrait of a Lady



Fan (A Regal Admirer)



Blond



Women at Rest



Lady with a Fan



And my personal favorite:



Girl with a red ribbon


Aren't they lovely? I like that most of the characters are wearing Regency or Victorian style clothing. Which is your favorite?

Hope you're having a lovely day! Thanks for letting me share this little piece of elegance with you!


Very Truly Your's,

6 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

Lovely pictures! I like the color of the dress in "Elegant lady on the quay in Paris".

Bea said...

I like 'Girl with duck', Fan (A Regal Admirer), and the last one- Girl with a red ribbon. They are very pretty, I love the self portrait! =)

Love & Hugs,
Miss Bea

Paul said...

i did not know about this wonderful artist before

thanks for this extraordinary blog post

"moment of leisure" is my favorite

Joanna said...

I love "A Little helper". Fun though, the fashions in his paintings are (if I'm not mistaken) all from 40 to 50 years before he was born. I think I'll go look him up. Thanks for bringing him to our attention!

Hannah said...

Nice paintings! Love your blog!

Amy said...

I love the movement in the ones that are outdoor scenes - as well as the duck, and I am drawn to the detail of the lace in Portrait of a Lady

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...