Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Long Walk

Photobucket

"This circumstance was a growing attachment between her eldest girl and the brother of Mrs. John Dashwood, a gentlemanlike and pleasing young man, who was introduced to their acquaintance soon after his sister's establishment at Norland, and who had since spent the greatest part of his time there." - Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility


I love this shot of Edward and Elinor walking together. Soon Elinor's shawl will drop on one side and Edward will stop to help her set it back to rights. One thing I love about Jane Austen adaptations is the marvelous costumes! Oh the bonnets, the spencers, gowns, hats and greatcoats and shawls!
I've come to really love a shawl, they are so lovely. I bought my first shawl just before Christmas and my first pair of dangle earrings and wore the outfit to The Nutcracker Ballet on the 13th. I was so surprised at how warm a shawl can be! My 17-year-old brother was my photographer yesterday, we did a series of photos outside and some inside (so the lighting isn't great). For the second photo below Andy told me to "put the shawl the way they wear it in those Jane Austen movies". It turned out rather well I think. ;)

Photobucket Photobucket

Mood:
amused
Amused

1 comment:

Mia said...

Lovely!
The shawl is beautiful, and I love the snapshot from "sense and sensibility".
ps) Don't you wish that men still dressed that way?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...