Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter

Photobucket

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" - I Corinthians 15:3-4


As an old time gospel preacher once said of Jesus' death: "It's Friday but Sunday's coming!" Jesus was in the grave but Sunday is coming, the day when our Lord would be raised from the dead.

I went to see a Passion play last night at a friend's church and always enjoy hearing the story over again. The song that touched me the most was one sung by a roman soldier after Christ's death. The song basically said "who killed this man?", the soldier even going so far as to say let the murders deal with me and leave this innocent man alone. But at the end of the chorus the soldier looks in his hand and finds the hammer used to nail Christ to the tree. The verse of the song portrays the soldier admitting that he and his sin were what nailed Jesus to the cross. At this point in the song I teared up, that truth always hits me when I see a play like this, "it was for me!"

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8


My hope is in the Lord Who gave Himself for me,
And paid the price of all my sin at Calvary.

No merit of my own His anger to suppress.
My only hope is found in Jesus’ righteousness.

And now for me He stands Before the Father’s throne.
He shows His wounded hands and names me as His own.

His grace has planned it all, ‘Tis mine but to believe,
And recognize His work of love and Christ receive.

Refrain:
For me He died, For me He lives,
And everlasting life and light He freely gives.

-Words and Music by Norman J. Clayton, 1903-1992


May the Lord bless you as you remember His life, death, and resurrection for you on this Easter Sunday.

A very joyful Easter to all!



Mood:

peaceful

Peaceful

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a beautiful poem! Yes, I am so thankful He died for us! I could not live without God's grace. Thank you for sharing. And I love the Easter picture. Very pretty.

Many Easter blessings to you!

Andrea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...