Saturday, January 15, 2011

I've Been Awarded!

I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. My days lately have been filled with a lot of crocheting which I hope to tell you all more about later. Right now I would like to thank Charity U at Austenitis for awarding me with the Stylish Blogger Award!



With this award I'm supposed to list seven random things about myself. So lets see:
  1. My favorite flowers are lilacs - I love their sweet smell and pretty clusters in various colors.
  2. I collect quotes and recently started my fifth book of quotes and poetry.
  3. I enjoy re-watching old British TV comedies with my family, such as Keeping Up Appearances, To The Manor Born, As Time Goes By, Good Neighbors and One Foot In The Grave.
  4. My middle name is Brittany and, although my parents think Laurie Brittany sounds pretty, I don't really like the name because it's so trendy!
  5. I love to see people with red hair, especially people with red curly hair!
  6. I love the smell and taste of fresh fruit, especially citrus fruits, pineapples and raspberries.
  7. When I was a little girl I used to hate chocolate and strawberries. Now my mouth can't help but just water when I see a chocolate covered strawberry! Yum!
Okay, now I get to award 15 other people! I've never passed on one of these awards so let's see...here's what you should do if I mention your name below:
  • Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
  • Share 7 things about yourself.
  • Award fifteen recently discovered great bloggers.
  • Contact the named bloggers and tell them they're awarded!

Here you go, thank you all for having such lovely stylish blogs! I'm awarding:

10 comments:

paul said...

Congratulations, Laurie, on your well deserved award.

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

Congratulations!

My mom likes to watch Keeping Up Appearances. When we were watching The Barchester Chronicles, we noticed that Clive Swift (who was Richard in Keeping Up Appearances) was in The Barchester Chronicles as the bishop; we thought the two roles were very similar. lol.

Unknown said...

Aw, thank you, dear :)

Amy said...

So glad to find your blog.

Have a blessed day.

Bea said...

Thank you! Your very sweet. =)

Miss Bea

Jujube said...

Congratulations for the award! And thank you for also awarding me!

Melody said...

Thank you! I'm glad you like my blog. :-)

Haley said...

Thanks so much for the award! :)

Evangeline said...

Heyy! Just popping in to say I LOVE To The Manor Born and Good Neighbours. In Australia it is called "The Good Life" :) Have you seen Fawlty Towers? it's pretty cool!

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Evie,
I have seen Fawlty Towers and I really enjoyed it, the series was just way too short! :) Keeping Up Appearances is another of my favorites.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...