Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm Back - Wedding Photos!

Outdoor altar in the hotel courtyard

Thanks so much to everyone who prayed for me and my family and we traveled down to Maryland for my friend's wedding! We had a very safe drive down and made it in plenty of time to stop and see my mom's friend for a bit before I had to be at the wedding rehearsal and dinner.

Wedding reception in hotel ballroom

The Lord answered all of our prayers. My family and I were able to help the bride and groom out a lot which is perfect because helping is our gift. On the night before the wedding we helped set up and decorate the reception ballroom. And there were also errands and other little things they were able to do on the wedding day as well as cleaning up afterwards.

Maid of honor Sarah, bride Amanda, and bridesmaid me

I really enjoyed reconnecting with Amanda. Even though we haven't seen each other in about five years, we're the type of friends that get along very well when we're together. We talk and laugh and know each other so well it's almost like we never were apart. I had fun staying with Amanda at her apartment, getting our nails and hair done together and generally helping her keep on schedule and stay calm. It was also great to see the rest of Amanda's family who I hadn't seen in about 10 years. As girls Amanda, her sister Sarah and I got together often to play with our American Girl dolls and celebrated birthdays together. It was so good to catch up with everyone!

Outdoor ceremony site

The Lord worked so many details out on the wedding day. We couldn't have asked for nicer weather. The hotel courtyard where the ceremony was held was full of lovely azaleas in bloom. The seats were full of wonderful guests. The day went so smoothly from beginning to end!


Daniel & Amanda cut the cake

The food was delicious, the cake came out so lovely! The hotel staff and wedding planner were very nice and did anything we needed and asked. The owner of the hotel restaurant himself waited on our head table, cut cake for the guests and helped cleaned up. Amanda was so blessed to have won this wedding package from the hotel at a wedding show! 


Groom Daniel & Bride Amanda

It was lovely to meet Daniel! Amanda had told me lots about him and his family and it was great to finally meet them. Amanda was truly blessed to find such a kind, generous and funny gentleman. His family is just the same and I enjoyed talking to them and being invited by them to come back and visit often. 

Daniel & Amanda eating cake

One special blessing I wanted to share with you: When she was getting dressed Amanda was reviewing her "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" and realized that she had everything but her "something borrowed." It was at that moment that the Lord brought to mind the bracelet I was going to wear with my dress. It had pearls that matched the pearl details on her wedding dress and what made it extra special is that Amanda gave the bracelet to me almost ten years ago. It was such a thrill to put the bracelet on her wrist and have her wear it for her wedding! You can see the Button Bracelet on her wrist in the photo above and a closeup here.


By request, photos of me all dressed up:














Me getting ready & wearing pearl pendant necklace Amanda gave me.









My updo took 2 hours, 110 bobby pins, lots of hairspray, a curling iron and one very tired hair stylist. The girl who did my hair kept saying "your hair is so thick and so long!" But she did a great job, I was very pleased with how it came out!

Me all dressed up, I love the colors!

Full length view, my shoes were very pretty!

I loved our bouquets! 

Me and my handsome dad!

Me and my beautiful sister Miss Bea!

My younger siblings - Andy & Bea

Weary after a long day and happy to have my comfy sandals on!

Amanda & Daniel saying their vows

I'm praying that the Lord continues to richly bless Amanda & Daniel in their lives together.

Thank you all for your prayers! I really appreciate them and tell you that God answered your prayers amazingly! We were so blessed! 

Regular blogging will resume soon! Meanwhile don't forget to vote for your favorite heroes in the Period Drama Hero Tournament over at Elegance of Fashion

Very Truly Your's,

8 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

The wedding looked lovely and everyone looked great! Thanks for the shout-out to my blog!

Mel said...

Wow! what a lovely wedding, thanks for sharing it with us. The place looked beautiful and everyone looked so nice! Your dress was lovely, epecially the colours! And your hair was so pretty! Congratulations to your friend Amanda :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

What a lovely wedding! You looked beautiful, too. :) Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Glad you're back! :)

Jujube said...

Congratulations and best wishes to your friend! The wedding photos look wonderful! I love how your hair was arranged, and you look beautiful in your lovely dress.

Savories of life said...

Not to long ago I did a post with some wedding decorating ideas. Come over and look ( and follow me). You must have had fun. I like your hair.

Anonymous said...

Your hair style was gorgeous! Love the dress too.

Miss Dashwood said...

I found this post through your New Year's post and I must say it looks like a beautiful wedding! I love the colors of your dress and that bracelet is stunning. It makes me think of Anne Elliot... not sure why, it just looks like something she might wear!

Charity U said...

I vaguely remember reading this long ago. :) I love your smile! The hairstyle is adorable, and I like the wedding colors too. So fun to see you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...