Friday, May 27, 2011

Poll Results: Who Do You Watch Period Dramas With?

My poll recently closed so here are the results. Based on 27 votes. Voters were allowed to choose multiple answers.

Who Do You Watch Period Dramas With?

My Whole Family - 13 (48%)

My Friends - 5 (18%)

My Parents - 14 (51%)

My Siblings - 19 (70%)

Just By Myself - 15 (55%)


With 19 votes most readers of Old-Fashioned Charm answered that they watch Period Dramas with their siblings. A lot of readers watch Period Dramas by themselves, closely followed by parents and their whole family. Only 5 votes for watching Period Dramas with friends.

It seems that many of my readers are perhaps like me. Most of my real life friends aren't as interested in watching Period Dramas as I am. I've gotten a few of my friends interested, especially in Jane Austen adaptations, but most don't have the patience to sit through a miniseries or they have a hard time following the plot. I confess I was a bit like that when I started because I was young, but I just can't get enough of Period Dramas now! I started out watching Jane Austen and Charles Dickens adaptations with my whole family. Now I actually watch most Period Dramas by myself, but my parents and siblings still enjoy watching with me from time to time.


What do you think of the results? 
What are your experiences with watching Period Dramas?



4 comments:

Marian said...

Same here...most people I know aren't into costume dramas. Like you said, I think a lot of people don't like sitting through long movies; but I've been watching miniseries for years, so I much prefer them (if the script is good). :)

I used to watch costume dramas with my parents a lot; but these days, I more often watch them with my siblings, and we tend to just re-watch our faves. :) Once in a while I'll watch one by myself.

By the way, is your signature picture from Jane Eyre?

Miss Laurie said...

Marian, thank you for your lovely comment!
Yes, my signature is a photo of Zelah Clarke as Jane Eyre in the BBC 1983 adaptation. I really enjoy that adaptation, though every one has it's faults.

Jujube said...

Most of my friends aren't into period films and only a really few of them are. Usually, I watch period dramas either with my whole family or just my sisters.

JaneGS said...

I'm definitely in the "all by myself" category--I watch other stuff with other family members, but I like to watch period dramas on my own...just like I don't like to listen to audio books with anyone else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...