Sunday, May 23, 2010

I've Found A Friend

Photobucket

I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. Things have picked up around here and even though I have plenty of period films to review, photos to post and period things to share I just haven't had the time to think and plan posts. This is why my posts lately have been simple paintings and hymns because they are so easy to do and require little thought. The hymns also speak of where I am in my spiritual walk, rejoicing in the Lord's goodness and faithfulness and praying for even more closeness to Him.


Photobucket
I am hoping to get a few more old-fashioned things posted later this week but until then you get another hymn and painting. The hymn below is one I found in the hymn I read with my personal evening Bible study. I enjoy reading scripture and then following that up with great hymns of the faith because it's like reading love poems written to or about my wonderful savior!


Photobucket
The art of ladies looking out to sea are included not only for their own loveliness but also because these past few days I've enjoyed staying with an older friend in her beach front home. I've been encouraged by our fellowship in the Lord and enjoy helping her with various housekeeping and secretarial jobs. Miss Bea and I will be going to stay this coming week as well. The weather has been so lovely!


I pray that you are blessed and encouraged today!

I've Found A Friend

I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend! He loved me ere I knew Him;
He drew me with the cords of love, and thus He bound me to Him;
And round my heart still closely twine those ties which naught can sever,
For I am His, and He is mine, forever and forever.

I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend! He bled, He died to save me;
And not alone the gift of life, but His own Self He gave me!
Naught that I have mine own I call, I’ll hold it for the Giver,
My heart, my strength, my life, my all are His, and His forever.

I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend! All pow’r to Him is given,
To guard me on my onward course, and bring me safe to heaven.
The eternal glories gleam afar, to nerve my faint endeavor;
So now to watch, to work, to war, and then to rest forever.

I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend! So kind and true and tender,
So wise a Counselor and Guide, so mighty a Defender!
From Him who loves me now so well what power my soul can sever?
Shall life or death, shall earth or hell? No! I am His forever.

Words: James G. Small, 1863
Music: Constance & Arthur S. Sullivan, 1875
Alternate tune: Friend, George C. Stebbins, 1878

1 comment:

Heather said...

I just LOVE your blog SO much and am glad you had fun with your friend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...