These are the answers to the Elizabeth Gaskell Unscramble Puzzles that I posted last week.
A few questions arose among those who played the game.
The script for the Cranford (2006) BBC series was made up of stories from three stories: Cranford, My Lady Ludlow and Mr Harrison's Confessions.
Frank is the first name given Dr. Harrison in the Cranford (2006) but it seems in Mr Harrison's Confessions that his name was actually William "Will". Sophy Hutton is Dr. Harrison's love interest in the book as well. Dr. Morgan is also present and he replaces Cranford's Dr. Hoggins in Cranford (2006).
Harry Gregson is a character in My Lady Ludlow. Most of the other names stayed the same except for Mr. Carter replaces Mr. Horner of the original work.
A big thank you for everyone who played and discussed Mrs. Gaskell's novels. I've only read a bit of her work but want to read more because her style is entertaining like Jane Austen but filled with great social interests like Charles Dickens.
1. METALARG HEAR - Margaret Hale
2. ISMOL GLYONB - Molly Gibson
3. TYSS MKYAT JMIENNS - Miss Matty Jenkyns
4. SYUTT HOPHON - Sophy Hutton
5. CHKPAIA KRICYNTIRTK - Cynthia Kirkpatrick
6. HIGASOL NICHGINS - Nicholas Higgins
7. RMEYL HAOGER - Roger Hamley
8. DI FSONR HARKARNR - Dr. Frank Harrison
9. ORHN TTONHJON - John Thornton
10. HRRSY GGONARE - Harry Gregson
11. MU WAYO LDYLDL - My Lady Ludlow
12. WSAUG ARS IDEVEHTND - Wives and Daughters
13. RDNFCRAO - Cranford
14. MONT BARARY - Mary Barton
15. NDUTH ORT SOANH - North and South
Christine - 15
Gracie - 15
Melody - 15
Miss Dashwood - 15
birdienl - 14
Sarah Grace of In His Wings - 14
Miss Elizabeth - 13
Livia - 10
Stephanie - 9
Ella - 8
Jemimah - 8
Naomi - 8
While searching for information for this post I found a few site of interest:
- Elizabeth Gaskell Wikipedia page
- Cranford Wiki page
- My Lady Ludlow Wiki page
- E-text of My Lady Ludlow at Project Gutenberg
- Mr Harrison's Confessions Wiki page
- Complete e-text of Mr Harrison's Confessions (very interesting reading!)
Have you seen all of lovely film adaptations of Elizabeth Gaskell's novels?
Which of Mrs. Gaskell's works have you read or plan to read?
I've read North and South and bits of Wives and Daughters, Cranford and Mr. Harrison's Confessions.