These are the answers to the Elizabeth Gaskell Characters Game from last week. I've added photos for more fun and recognition.
All characters are from the miniseries Wives and Daughters (1998), North and South (2004), Cranford (2007) and Return To Cranford (2009).
Thanks for playing!
Group #1 - Surnames & Films:
20. Job - Job Gregson from Cranford
Group #2 - Occupations & Films:
21. Mr. Bell - Professor at Oxford from North & South
22. Mr. Gibson – Doctor from Wives & Daughters
23. Mrs. Rose – Doctor's widow turned Housekeeper from Cranford
24. Mr. Hale – Minister turned teacher/tutor from North & South
25. Mr. Morgan – Doctor from Cranford
26. Mr. Henry Lennox - Lawyer from North & South
27. Miss Galindo – Milliner from Cranford and Return To Cranford
28. Mr. Hutton – Minister from Cranford and Return To Cranford
29. Mr. Carter – estate manager from Cranford
30. Mr. Hamper (one of these men) – mill owner from North & South
31. Mr. & Mrs. Johnson – shopkeepers from Cranford and Return To Cranford
32. Mr. Hearne – carpenter / joiner from Cranford and Return To Cranford
33. Mr. Preston – land agent from Wives & Daughters
34. Mr. Coxe – doctor's apprentice from Wives & Daughters
35. Miss Dixon – servant / lady's maid from North & South
36. Mr. Henderson (Cynthia's guy) – lawyer from Wives & Daughters
37. Mr Marshland – doctor from Cranford
38. Mr. Boucher – mill worker from North & South
39. Mr. Thornton – mill owner from North & South
40. Signor Brunoni – magician / conjurer from Return To Cranford
(High Score 80 points)
Laura & Elisabeth - 79 points
Sarah Grace - 76 points
Miss Em - 64 points
birdienl - 63 points
Melody - 61 points
Mary Beth - 50 points
Emily - 41 points
BatZion - 39 points
Kara - 28 points
Which characters are your favorites?
Which Gaskell characters have the most interesting names? Vote now!