Thursday, December 23, 2010

"It's Christmas Eve Eve!"



On of my family's all time favorite Christmas films is the adorable Eloise at Christmastime! This film is sort of a follow-up of the original film Eloise at The Plaza, but can be watched and enjoyed on it's own.



Eloise is a rawther preciousness six-year-old girl who lives at the Plaza Hotel in New York City.

"I'm Eloise, I'm six! I live at the Plaza Hotel." Is how the film, based on the stories by Kay Thompson, begins.



Eloise (Sofia Vassilieva) and her British governess, Nanny (Julie Andrews), rent a big suit at the Plaza where Eloise always seems to be in the center of any mischief that's going on. She's a big hearted girl whose spunk and opinionated ways are so much fun to watch. She boggles the minds of most of the hotel's staff and guests while still being ever so cute and adorable!



Christmas is Eloise's favorite time of year and the film follows her as she makes her plans. Everything from checking her mile long wish list, to marathon shopping at marvelous stores in NYC, to singing Christmas carols and eating too much chocolate with Nanny, to sneaking into the package room to see if any surprise gifts have come from her mother in France.




Eloise is also a romantic my nature and her attempts to bring her two friends together is very sweet. Maybe there will be a Christmas Eve wedding at the Plaza after all!



My family's favorite quote from the film is when Eloise wakes up in the morning on the day before Christmas Eve and proclaims to the world: "It's Christmas Eve Eve!" This is why we always have to watch Eloise at Christmastime on the 23rd of December.



So if you haven't seen this film it's a must see! I love the charm of the 1940's-1950's era hotel and clothes that's mixed with a bit more modern stores and transportation. This film is a delight and I'm going to hop off now so I can enjoy the fun of Eloise with my family!



Merry Christmas Eve Eve to all!


Very Truly Your's

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh, yes... I love this movie! Too adorable. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...