Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Christmas Eve Plans

Because I probably won't have a lot of time tomorrow to post I thought I'd let ya'll know what I'm going to be up to Christmas Eve!



My dad has off from work tomorrow and his plan is to get all of us up and out to town early to start the day off with a yummy breakfast! Then we have groceries to pick up to make sure we have everything for Christmas!



In the afternoon my family and I are going to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader at the cinema! I can not wait to watch this! I've been counting down the days! I finished reading the book last week in preperation for seeing the film. This is my second favorite Narnia book and I just can't wait see Reepicheep and Eustace (oh and Lucy, Edmund and Caspian too)! ;)



In the evening my aunt and uncle have invited us over for dinner! It's been a while since we've seen them and their baby boy and I can't wait to see how this handsome little man has grown! It's so nice to get together with family at Christmastime!



Last but not least is our annual midnight trip to L.L. Bean in Freeport, Maine. We started going to Bean's a few years ago when mama needed a new winter coat for Christmas. This store is open 24/7 year round, even on Christmas! We've found that the best time to go is late at night on Christmas Eve. There are very few shoppers and the employees are marking down many items for the Christmas and after Christmas sales. So we go about 10-11pm and do some browsing then, right at midnight the large old-fashioned clock in their store chimes in Christmas and we go around wishing shoppers and employees alike "Merry Christmas!" Then we take our purchases to the register (getting the sale prices), enjoy the Christmas lights display in their parking lot (it's a huge tree and many other lights), and head home singing carols!



I'm so excited! Tomorrow and Christmas will be a whirl of activity! Good thing I have all of my gifts wrapped and am almost ready for a good night's rest!

So what are you doing Christmas Eve and Christmas day? Any special traditions, parties or family times?

God Bless,
Miss Laurie :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello dear!

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all your sweet comments on my blog!! :)
So excited for you to go and see The Dawn Treader!! Be sure to let me know how it goes!!

Blessings,
~Miss Raquel

PS: You can always e-mail me ;)
miss.raquel316@gmail.com

Charity U said...

We want to hear what you think of VDT! I saw it the Sunday after it came out and loved it. I posted about it on Austenitis.
Have a Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...