Saturday, June 5, 2010

State Fair Costumes

Photobucket
I've been watching a lot of classic musical lately with my mom and sister. We've enjoyed such films as Oklahoma!, Singin' In The Rain, Hello Dolly! and State Fair. I enjoy not only the clean stories, fun songs and talented dancing in these films but also the costumes are always lovely!

I know I haven't posted a lot about costumes on here but they are a major part of what give films and such the old-fashioned charm! Here are a sampling of some of the lovely dresses the main character Margy Frake wears in the 1945 movie State Fair.

Photobucket
House cleaning/trip packing blouse and skirt with cute apron over top. Sweet and frilly.

Photobucket
Date night dress. A little more laced up and looks a bit like a school uniform but very lovely cute.

Photobucket
I love the color and pretty floral embroidery on this pretty feminine dress. The cut is a bit odd but perfect on her slender figure.

Photobucket
Fair dress, this is my favorite! I love the color and design of this sweet dress!

Photobucket
Back view of the fair dress, so lovely!

Photobucket
Pickles and preserves dress. Yes those are cherries on the front of her dress! A bit excentic but so lovely!

Photobucket
Love the cut and colors of this dress and actress Jeanne Crain is just beautiful!

Here's a couple songs from the film that are sweet and fun. Lovely to see some of the outfits the extras are wearing too. I'm not always a fan of more modern 40's and 50's outfits but these are so modest and feminine!

It's A Grand Night For Singing!


Isn't It Kinda Fun


What are some of your favorite musicals?

3 comments:

Abigail and Lydia said...

I loved this post! State Fair is such a 40's movie and I agree that the costumes are lovely! Great songs too.:)
Abigail

P.S. I awarded you on my blog ;)

Tales of Whimsy said...

I <3 old movies :) I review them here: http://vintagewhimwham.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

Lovely! I was just watching State Fair last night and admiring the costumes. My favorite is one you didn't post, the white and green dress Margy is wearing when she waits for Pat at the Ferris wheel and he doesn't show up. I've been looking for a pattern for that dress but can't find one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...