Saturday, February 23, 2013

Period Drama Caption Contest!

This past week I re-pinned a Bleak House screencap onto my Charles Dickens board on Pinterest and Miss Elizabeth Bennet commented on the photo mentioning that it would make a great photo to use in a Caption Contest. So the idea to use this photo wasn't originally mine but Miss Elizabeth gave her consent since she's a bit busy right now with her Villains Tournament.

Rules: Look at the screencap below and think up an interesting caption. You may enter up to three captions by leaving a comment. All captions must be family friendly, in other words I will not accept captions containing foul language or questionable themes.
On Thursday (February 28th) I'll put up a poll for ya'll to vote for your favorite captions. The winner with be announced next Saturday (March 2nd).
Captions can be something like a quote, lyrics from a song, something Mr. Tulkinghorn is thinking / saying or something someone else is saying to him. Go as silly or as serious as you wish! And it doesn't really matter if you've seen Bleak House or not, just have fun! :)

Need A Captions For This:




Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with!











P.S. You simple must check out Miss Elizabeth's Villain Tournament featuring all the worst villains for our favorite period dramas! Round 1 will start February 27th!!!

Period Drama Villains Tournament

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I probably shouldn't have eaten that third tart."

~Robyn Hoode

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

I'll repost the one that I commented on Pinterest with:

"Girl, those shoes... with that outfit?"

If I think of any others, I'll comment them.

Lydia said...

"The blue sprigged muslin or the pale green satin....?"

Danielle @ wxroz said...

Hi Miss Laurie,
I'm sorry this is unrelated to this post, but I couldn't find a place to email you something general! If you felt like it check out my post with questions for writers. I'd love to hear your thoughts about writing, here: http://wxroz.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/question-for-bloggers-who-are-also-writers/. :)
~Danielle

Melody said...

Paper Cut

:P

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

"What do you mean Lady Dedlock discovered my secret about collecting teddy bears?!"

Collar City Brownstone said...

"I can't believe I belched out loud".

Collar City Brownstone said...

"My new false teeth weren't fitted right".

Collar City Brownstone said...

"I have corn stuck in my teeth again".

Anonymous said...

"I hope you saw her pettycoat, brother. Six inches deep in mud, I'm absoluely certain."


~Robyn Hoode

BatZion said...

Hi Miss Laurie,

I hope I'm not too late!
Here are some captions I thought of really quickly:
Sink me! The man can't even tie his own cravat!

Dear me... what did I mean to say?

Mmm... I believe there was too much salt in the cookie dough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...