Saturday, March 9, 2013

Answers to the Period Drama Actors Game

These are the answers to the Period Drama Actors Game from last week. Thanks for playing!

Answers:

Period Drama Actor #1
(Six period dramas made after 2000)

Period Dramas - Pride & Prejudice (2005), Cranford, Return to Cranford, The Importance of Being Earnest, Jane Eyre (2011), Ladies In Lavender 


Period Drama Actor #2
(Seven period dramas made after 1998)

Period Dramas - The Hollow Crown (Henry IV Part 1 & Part 2), The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Little Dorrit, Bleak House, Oliver Twist (2007), David Copperfield, Oliver Twist (1999) 


Period Drama Actor #3
 (Three period dramas made before 2008)

Period Dramas - Bleak House, Becoming Jane, North & South 


Period Drama Actor #4
(Six period dramas made after 1998)

Period Dramas - Downton Abbey, From Time To Time, Lost In Austen, Miss Austen Regrets, Daniel Deronda, Mansfield Park (1999)


Period Drama Actor #5
(Five period dramas made after 1996)

Period Dramas - Wives & Daughters, Upstairs Downstairs, Under The Greenwood Tree, Our Mutual Friend, The Moonstone 


Period Drama Actor #6
(Four period dramas made after 2001)

Period Dramas - Miss Austen Regrets, The Hollow Crown (Henry IV Parts 1 & 2 and Henry V), Return to Cranford, The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby (2001)

Note: Hiddles also starred in War Horse in 2010 but I haven't seen it yet so can't recommend it.


Period Drama Actor #7
 (Five period dramas made before 2012)

Period Dramas - The Three Musketeers, Little Dorrit, Pride & Prejudice 2005, The Way We Live Now, Wuthering Heights 1998 


Period Drama Actor #8
(Five period dramas made before 2010)

Period Dramas - Emma, Daniel Deronda, Amazing Grace, As You Like It, Nicholas Nickleby  

Note: While Romola also starred in period set films Vanity Fair (2004), Angel (2007) and Mary Bryant (2005) I very strongly warn against having anything to do with those films and did not use them in this game. Mary Bryant especially is very inappropriate. 


Players Scores:
Sarah Grace - 230 points
Mary Beth - 215 points
Melody - 215 points
Miss Elizabeth Bennet - 195 points
Miss Dashwood - 185 points
birdienl - 170 points
Emma Jane - 155 points
Bea - 135 points
Kiri Liz - 110 points
Hayden - 100 points
Miss Emma - 90 points
Charity U - 85 points
Laura & Elisabeth - 63 points
BatZion - 60 points
Amy - 40 points
Hamlette - 40 points
Jennifer Wand - 35 points



Which of their period dramas have you seen?


3 comments:

Emma Jane said...

Goodness gracious! I cannot believe that I forgot Jane Eyre! It's sometimes very difficult to think of movies when you're trying too hard, if you know what I mean. It also surprises me that I neglected to mention As You Lke It- but oh well! I too would most definately NOT recommend Angel. It's terribly unpleasant to see dear Romola playing such a horrid character!
Thank you for such a splendid game!

Mary Beth said...

I was going to mention The Hollow Crown for Alun Armstrong and Tom Hiddleston....dunno why I didn't. *shrugs*

You haven't seen War Horse? *GASP* You must! It's got some teary moments, but it's an incredible film. Definitely one of my favorites! :)

Scullery Maid said...

I guess my answers did'nt come through. What a pity. I got a bunch right, too. Well, it was fun racking my brain, anyway;)(P&P, Cranford, what's that other one?! DD, Downton abbey, Yeah, but what's that guy's name?! Why can't I remember what ELSE I've seen her in! I KNOW her name, I KNOW I do...BUT WHAT IS IT?!?)
Anyway, it was fun=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...