Friday, July 19, 2013

Quickie Update (anyone going to JA Festival?)

Dear Readers,

Firstly, I will be unable to post the answers to the Period Drama First Lines Quiz from this week. My schedule this weekend is just so busy! So go ahead and keep submitting your answers and I'll score them when I get a chance but that probably won't be until Sunday afternoon at the latest.

Secondly, a lot of exciting things are happening/will happen in the last few days!

  1. I get to set up a wedding reception for some friends of mine in the gardens at the Creation Museum and help serve food and drinks at the reception! So after working today I'll head over and help set up, go to the wedding ceremony and then head back to the gardens to help serve. Such fun! So thankful for the detailed layout the bride has given me and for the special friends who will be helping us! I love weddings, which is good because this is my third wedding serving at this year. :)
  2. Some very dear friends from Maine have come to visit this weekend! It is so good to see these pieces of home and they are so much like family because we've known them for 15+ years. My sister is elated to have her best friend close by. They are going to enjoy the Creation Museum Friday and Saturday. 
  3. On Saturday my dad and I are going to the Jane Austen Festival in Louisville!!!!!!! Yay! We had such fun last year and this year I have a special reason for being very very excited about going. I'll tell ya all about it when I get back dears and I'll post photos! If you plan on going to the festival let me know in a comment or if you recognize me while there feel free to say "hello"! :) 

Me after the Jane Austen Festival last year
I'll be dressed similarly to last year but I'm planning on wearing a purple floral blouse this year. If you see me at the Jane Austen Festival feel free to introduce yourself! 

Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend and I'll post again after my crazy weekend is over.


4 comments:

A Candle to Read By said...

The Creation Museum! Oh my goodness! That is one of my favorite places in all the world. I am so glad you are able to spend some there, especially for such a lovely occasion. Have fun in all your travels.

Emma Jane said...

It sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned! The Jane Austen festival sounds like so much fun! I wish I could go, but alas, Louisville is such a long ways away...*sigh*. Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful time! : )

~Emma Jane

P.S. Such a lovely picture of you, by the way! : )

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Wow! I'm quite envious that you get to attend the JA festival! Sounds wondrously fun -- I hope you and your dad have the best time!

A Candle to Read By said...

Hope you have a wonderful time. The Creation Museum is one of my favorite places in the world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...