Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Feelin' Feminine - Day 4

Today was a warmer day and the very bright sun made us squint in most of our photos. We stepped over the wire fence into an empty pasture next to our house to take these photos.

Photobucket

Miss Bea's Skirt: Short Jean from Walmart
Miss Bea's Top: Red stripe polo from Walmart w/ long sleeve tee for warmth and modesty
Miss Bea's Hair: Piggytails!


Photobucket

My Skirt: Black calf-length on sale at Fashion Bug
My Shirt: Red long-sleeve embroidered tee with tank underneath for modesty, on sale at Kohl's
My Jacket: Jean blazer on sale at Kohl's (I love the cut of it)
My Jewelry: Silver fashion ring from Kohl's and red jeweled flower earring that were a Christmas present from my friend Karis (both of which you can't see)


Photobucket

My Hair: Curled with my hot rollers and pinned on the side with a red flowered clip.

Today we learned a lesson about taking how we look too seriously and how even though we look nice on the outside it's still the inside that God sees and that's the part He's most concerned about. It's good to look feminine and neat and pretty but it's more important to be clothed in virtues that imitate and honor Christ.

This lesson reminds me of a favorite verse:
"Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised." - Proverbs 31:30

I pray that you have had a lovely day!
God bless,
Miss Laurie :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Lovely outfits! Your
curls are so pretty!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...