Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ready For Some Green

Photobucket

Tomorrow is Saint Patrick's Day! And I am gearing up for a mini celebration of my own. Why celebrate? First because of St. Patrick himself, one of the first missionaries to spread the gospel to Ireland. I enjoy Patrick's story since I first heard it dramatized on Adventures In Odyssey by Focus On The Family. After reading some of his writings his testimony is clearly faith in Christ.

"If I have any worth, it is to live my life for God so as to teach these peoples; even though some of them still look down on me." - Saint Patrick


Photobucket

Another reason I enjoy St. Patrick's Day is because it's another excuse to listen to my favorite Celtic music! Lively and fun, Irish ballads, reels and other songs sung by Irish natives are among some of my favorites to listen to.
There are also a few good period films that I enjoy watching around this time: The Quiet Man, Widows' Peak, Finian's Rainbow, The Happiest Millionaire and Behind The Waterfall (not period but a good family film).

Photobucket

Green is also a lot of fun to wear this time of year because after the white and brown of winter it is wonderful to start seeing color! Green reminds me that soon spring will be upon us and plants will soon start to grow. St. Patrick's Day is also a wonderful reminder to me of God's love and saving grace that makes us new creatures growing in His love.

So what do you do special for St. Patrick's Day?
Hope you're having a lovely day!

God Bless,
Miss Laurie :)

2 comments:

Svea Love said...

I love St. Patrick's Day! I always cook corned beef, cabbage and corn bread :) Of course we always watch "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" too. This will be the first St. Patrick's Day my toddler will really understand so it is going to be quite fun!

I agree, St. Patrick's Day shows us the beauty of nature that God created for us. It's is a definite reminder of our wonderful Lord and Saviour. Have a wonderful day :)

Covnitkepr1 said...

I love the way God landscapes His earth with all the different shades of green and then mixes it with a variety of colored wild flowers. It makes my walks so much more enjoyable. I like this blog...I'm a follower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...